What we do
Our mission is to promote, for the public benefit, the conservation and protection of the Cotswold Way and its surrounding environment and habitat, including the Cotswold Way Circular walks, linking and access routes and other named trails in the area.
- We work with other voluntary organisations, like the Cotswold Voluntary Wardens, to ensure the relevant responsible bodies carry out core maintenance of the Cotswold Way and the other listed trails
- We engage with user groups and those responsible for day-to-day maintenance to identify possible improvements over and above the basic requirements
- We commission work to implement these improvements – supporting, wherever possible, local volunteer organisations in carrying out the work with expenses and materials
- We make grants to volunteer organisations putting forward their own practicable improvement proposals
Did you know a kissing gate costs about £400, a way mark post about £50 and the materials to restore one metre of footpath from erosion about £30?
The CWA commissions work to make improvements – the work being carried out by local volunteer organisations where possible, with the CWA paying for expenses and materials. It may also offer grants to volunteer organisations putting forward their own improvement proposals. Projects the CWA funds are very practical:
- better waymarking and supplying information boards
- creating steps on steep slopes
- replacing stiles with gates
- installing benches where appropriate
- erosion restoration
If you have any project suggestions of your own, please forward them to John Bartram at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you click on the link below, you’ll find the details the Trustees need to evaluate improvement project proposals, together with the criteria they’ll be using in coming to a decision.
For a CWA Project Funding form please click here
To read the CWA Trustees Reports please click on the following
Annual Report – 31st March 2020 – CWA – Trustees’ Annual Report – 31 March 2020
Annual Report – 31st March 2019 – click here
Annual Report – 31st March 2018 – click here
AGM minutes – 4th August 2017 – click here